The very first year at IHM Dehradun has been very eventful and the institute has had the privilege of holding events of international importance in its premises.
• The Independence Day was celebrated with gaiety and velour. The students organized a gala cultural event on this occasion.
• Quiz Competition was organized by Bhartiya Vidya Bhawan at IHM Dehradun which was attended by many leading Institutions of the city. The team of IHM Dehradun won the competition and brought laurels to the Institute. The Director General of Uttrakhand police Mrs. Kanchan Chaudhary Bhattacharya was the chief guest on this occasion.
• The world tourism day was celebrated with a variety of events.The students of IHM Dehradun welcomed the tourists arriving at the Railway Station and the ISBT by giving them a traditional Indian welcome and refreshments.An environment friendly drive was carried at the famous picnic spot of Sahastradhara by the students.
• An environment friendly drive was caried at the famous picnic spot of Sahastradhara by the students.
• A special training cum induction programme was designed and conducted for the Tourism Police which has started for the first time in the state of Uttarakhand.
• A Poster Competition on the theme ‘Hazzards of Graffiti Writting in Public Monuments’ was organized at the institute where participants from different colleges competed. The closing of the day was marked by a Gala Cultural Event and dinner.
• Teachers day was celebrated and on this occasion the students enthralled the teachers with skits, dances etc.
• The state IAS week (an annual function cum meet of the IAS officers of the state) was organized at the IHM Dehradun. The function was attended by all dignitaries of the state, and was presided over by his Excellency the Governor of Uttarakhand Sri Sudarshan Aggarwal.